Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Prayers for Brussels

I am shocked and in tears. I am in disbelief once again that human beings could cause each other so much pain. Anger boils up within me. Sadness simmers. I can't decide which feeling I am.

How could this happen again? A beautiful place like Brussels, encompassed in terror and hatred. How could they? Human beings just like you and I completing such a monstrous attack... it's just so hard for me to fathom that there are actual souls behind their human face.


Minutes ago I found out what happened. Yesterday I had declared today tech-free for me, so I hadn't read any articles or watched any news segments. I just signed on moments ago to complete my daily Bible devotion. How glad I am to be alone now with God and my prayers.

Today, I felt that my daily Bible devotion was very fitting for today.
"He will swallow up death forever! The Sovereign Lord will wipe away all tears. He will remove forever all insults and mockery against His land and His people. The Lord has spoken!   Isaiah 25:8
I pray that God will give His peace to everyone affected. I pray that He will guide the families of those who were killed. I pray that the first aid workers will be given strength. I pray that God will protect those sent to protect... police, army, and anyone else who courageously serves in this time of need. I pray that God will heal the wounded. I pray that God will justly punish those that feel that terrorizing innocent people is okay. I pray that you and I will forgive them for such actions. I pray for love.

Remember, God is always here. The earth is a dirty, sinful place. Bad things will happen. We will suffer and cry. God will clense us from our sorrows and will destroy all evil. God will be here with peace that passes all understanding.

Easter is so close now. Today more than ever, the meaning of Easter should shine through. Jesus came to this disgusting, sin-filled earth to die and save us from our sins. Because of Jesus, we have hope for tomorrow and for eternal life. We can live free now and forever because Jesus died.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. "
                                            
Photo Source:Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment