Thursday, February 4, 2016

Living a Countdown Life


I have this countdown going, two actually;  one for Spring Break and one for Summer Vacation. It's a fun little thing I do to keep me optimistic about life, cause I mean how else could I keep going? ☺

"Only 16 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, and 10 seconds until the last day of school!" I cheerfully cried out. In other words, only 16 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, and 10 seconds until life is...perfect.

Or so I thought.

What about the 16 weeks and so much other time? I'm still going to be living and breathing (Lord willing!), so why is it so important for me to wipe these days clean off my slate? Who says that life won't trouble me in 16 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, and 10 seconds? Who says that life can't be perfect within the next 16 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, and 10 seconds?

Me.

Me, that's who.

Though I hadn't realized it, I had become dependent upon this countdown to get me through these next few weeks of school. I depended on it to 'get rid' of the following, tedious months. I depended on it to remind me of the days that were gone, and the days that were soon to be gone. In a way, it had become my crutch.

This countdown had become an excuse for me to let time fly away without me enjoying it.

You know how parents often say stuff about their kids like, "Enjoy them now! They grow up so fast!"? Well we can live our lives the same way, enjoying it day by day before it passes away.

God created this world for us to enjoy and praise Him, not to mope around about how boring or tedious life is!



"This is the day the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it!" 
Psalm 118:24

This is one of those Bible verses that I know by heart, the ones that I think of often, but not often enough. Sometimes when I think about time, I realize that it truly fleeting, no matter how cliche it may sound! ☺ I blinked and suddenly I'm in high school, a few years left and then I'll be out in the 'real world'. Don't let time whisk by, enjoy it. Enjoy the little moments that can make a seemingly boring day worthwhile. Enjoy your time as a high schooler, as a 29 year old, as a grandparent, because otherwise it will slip away.

You will never live another February 4th in 2016. Make the day count. Rejoice in the day that God has made, and rejoice in Him. Spend your days focused on what really matters, God. Not focusing on the number of days until life is 'perfect'.

There is one thing, however with which having a countdown is meaningful for... our countdown to our future in Heaven with God.

"For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come."  
Hebrews 13:14
May you take life as it comes, joyfully. May you rejoice and be glad in a new day, everyday, even if it is a Monday! ☺
                                                                proxy

Photo Source: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment