Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Last January Post!

Aye! It's already the last day of January! Where did the time go? Honestly, I don't even remember!

What I do remember is my resolution/pilgrimage I made exactly one month ago, December 31st, 2015. 

Straight from my blog one month ago is my resolution:
"I want to grow in faith. 
This year, 2015, has been the year that I have grown closest to God, I feel. I want to grow closer, closer, closer. I am not there yet, and perhaps I will never grow as close to God as I would like to, but this year I want to focus everyday on growing in Him..."
So how am I doing with that? Well, it started out rocky at first, but now I have been reading my Bible everyday (I'm almost done with the chapter of 1 Samuel), listening to prayers on Abide, doing daily devotions, and actually devoting time to spend with God. I definitely could improve and be more rigid with it, though, as there have been a few times when I made excuses like, "I'm too busy with school" or "I've been working all day, and now I'm too tired!" This coming month, I think I want to work on crushing those excuses! ☺

January was a bit rocky overall, with school starting up again, dealing with rejection, and just the struggles that our daily lives bring. These struggles are tests. Tests to see if I will actually stick with God, even when things get tough. God will bring you through any storm, so stick with Him!

Speaking of God sticking with you, I recently finished reading the story of David and Goliath. This Bible story has been read and reread over and over to me since I was a little toddler, so when I came to it, I was very excited! ☺

David was a young boy who volunteered to fight against a 9-foot giant who wore armor that weighed hundreds of pounds! Everyone was frightened by Goliath, but David prevailed. David wasn't just a confident little guy, he had fought off a bear and lion when they tried to attack his flock of sheep! In addition to that, David had God on his side. David never doubted himself, or God, when put up against Goliath. These were his words:
"David replied to the Philistine, "You have come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of Heaven's Armies-- the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. Today the Lord will conquer you, and I will cut off your head. And then I will give the dead bodies of your men to the birds and wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel! And everyone assembled here will know that the Lord rescues his people. but not with sword and spear. This is the Lord's battle, and He will give you to us!"      1 Samuel 17:45-47 
In the end, David killed Goliath with a sling shot and a rock! The giant covered in armor had swords that weighed 15 pounds, but the little boy defeated him with a rock and his God! This goes to show us that no matter the struggles we face in the upcoming month, God will be there with us fighting our battles, not with sword or spear, but with His love and mercy.



It can be scary to give over your life to God, but remember the words of David:
"This is the Lord's battle, and He will give you to us!" 
So give yourself to Him with outstretched arms! He will never let you down, because He is there to fight for you!

Have a LOVEly February! God's Blessings!
proxy

Photo Source: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment