Monday, November 23, 2015

God Only Does Us Good

As I sit here on the edge of my coffee table writing this, I look around at the state of the house. Let me just say that it is not good. Today has not been good. Right now, I would actually rather be anywhere else. Today did not start out well, and let me tell you, letting that happen was my first mistake. Right then and there I should have decided to be positive and cheerful, but I wasn't and now here I am pondering all of the different ways my day could've gone instead. Lately, I have been in a sort of "Lazy Day Blues" kinda mood and I can't seem to shake it. The thought has came to me several times over the course of a week or two-"Ugh, God, seriously, why me? Can't I ever have a good day without being embarrassed, frustrated, or grouchy?" I have been fussy, lonesome, and less than my usual self. I am in a SLUMP.

The house is a mess and I am in no mood to clean it. Prior to writing this I was cleaning in the bathroom. I bent down and a bottle clattered on top of my head. "Ugh!" I growled and then I let my thoughts slip-"Seriously, God. Why'd you have to let that happen." I didn't even think twice about it until now. How could I have said that? First of all, I was the one who knocked the bottle down when reaching for it. Secondly, God doesn't let bad things happen to us-that, my friends, is the devil. You see, the Devil is super sneaky. He winds his way into our lives when we don't realize it and he takes hold. He wants to take hold of you and me both. There he was in the bathroom with me, capturing my thoughts and my attitude. A day that could have been super sweet was super sour because I let it be.
As I sit down and write this, two Bible verses come to mind:
"Every good gift, every perfect gift, comes from above. These gifts come down from the Father, the creator of heavenly lights, in whose character there is no change at all"        James 1:17

"If you do the right things, won't you be accepted? But if you don't do the right thing, sin will be waiting at the door, ready to strike! It will entice you, but you must rule over it."   Genesis 4:7

These two verses are perfect reminders of what we should remember everyday: God only wants good for us, and if we forget Him, the devil is going to take hold of us and never let go. We have to remember each and every day no matter how things are going, God is always on our side, rooting for us, and the devil is the one tearing us down, if we let him. 

When we put our life into perspective, it can narrow our troubles down for us. I may of had a bad day, but I do NOT have a bad life. Tomorrow will be better! :) I hope that you think so too! And as for my slump, I am working on it, but I know that just writing this has made me in a much better mood. As I grow more as a daughter of Christ I know that I will stumble and fall, but God is there to pick me up.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Laura. This is my first time reading your blog and I think that it is very nice. Keep up the good work! Thanks, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You are the first person to comment on my blog! You have no idea how excited it made me to see someone has actually read my blog! Thank you so much! I wanted to write this blog because I felt that God was leading me to it, and it makes is so much more worth it knowing that I am actually reaching people out there on this World Wide Web! Wow! Thanks again, and I hope you continue to enjoy my blog! :) :) God's Blessings! Laura.

      Delete