Thursday, December 31, 2015

A New Year With The Same God

A New Year. They only come once every 365 (or in the case of Leap Year, 366) days. For many, the New Year is a time for a new you. A time to completely remake yourself due to the stroke of midnight. One minute is the cause for you to want to change yourself. Seems kind of silly, or ridiculous if you put it like that, don't you think? Don't get me wrong, I think that we should always want to improve ourselves, and if it takes a New Year, so be it. But, wouldn't it be nice if we focused more on improving ourselves daily, even far past giving up on your New Year resolution?

I have never really been a New Year's Resolution kind of girl. I guess that I have never really thought about it, because honestly, January 1st just feels like any other day of the year. I didn't feel new, like I have heard so many other people claim. This year, 2016, I do think that I would like to make a resolution, one that I hope will last me far past January all the way to December! Instead of a resolution, (which I think is cliched with quitting) I think that I shall instead call it a pilgrimage.
                           
     pilgrimage (n): a journey, especially a long one, made to some sacred place as an act of religious devotion

Now that we have that settled, we can get to the part where I tell you my first resolution/pilgrimage! Okay, here I go:

My two-thousand and sixteen resolution is.... Drumroll, please! (Just kidding)

                                               I want to grow in faith. 


This year, 2015, has been the year that I have grown closest to God, I feel. I want to grow closer, closer, closer. I am not there yet, and perhaps I will never grow as close to God as I would like to, but this year I want to focus everyday on growing in Him. Will it be easy? No. Will I want to give up? Probably. Will I need God's help? ABSOLUTELY! Will it be impossible? No! Nothing is impossible with God! Will it be worthwhile? Undeniably

So, this new resolution, will I be a new me after this year? Who can say. But, I don't want to be a new me, though. I want the relationship between God and I to be a new us (Me being the one who changes, of course, because if you remember the words of Isaiah 40:8, God does not change- he is perfect!). 
             


I am excited to start this pilgrimage with God. I pray that you too will grow in God. Here are some verses to start you off with a new year, a new beginning.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"                                                                         2 Corinthians 5:17
"Throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God-- truly righteous and holy."                    Ephesians 4:22-24 
"And the one sitting on the throne said, "Look, I am making everything new!" And then He said to me, "Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true!"   Revelation 21:5 

Happy New Year! Now is a good time to remind you the purpose of my blog: to tell you that God never fades! He is there guiding you every step of the way, day of the year, and second of the day! He is unchanging, and even though this is a New Year, we will always have the same God guiding us!

Numbers 6:24-26
24 "The Lord bless you and keep you;
25  The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
26 The Lord lift His countenance upon you and be gracious to you, 
And give you peace."  
proxy

 Photo Source: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment